05/02/2018

About the Pinups #8: Pinup #15

In this series of articles I tell the individual stories of the numerous Bianca and the Satanic Witches Pinups - mainly of my favourites, or in some other way important ones.

This is about the fifteenth pinup in the series.





This culminated the whole photographic elements -thing in the pinups for a while. I decided to make the whole image from a photo this time.

I cut a shape of a pentagram from normal, white paper. This of course symbolizes our heroes as in the story they are having a ritual at this point. I then put it on a grass since that story takes place in a grassy hill. Luckily it happened to be a winter without snow! It was bloody cold when I was shooting this, though.

I then took my big torch that is quite like what the police (at least in stories) use - well, except it's funky purple colour, but I knew I wasn't going to use the actual colours of the photo. I put the torch on top of the pentagram thus symbolizing in images how our police characters - the "law" - are hitting hard on the protagonists.

I took quite a few images originally...






In some of these you can see the end of the grass that was at front of the house I then lived. Oops! That wasn't meant to happen.





...until I chose only one of them.



I then turned it into black and white vectors giving it that inky, Sin City -esque feel.



Lastly I printed the black and white and coloured them with water colours. Unlike normally though, I wanted more expressive and messy colours so I drowned the whole paper in water first and then painted it on top of the photo in one sitting, letting all the colours to mix how they felt like.



Then I just put the whole image together. I like the simplicity of the final image. I felt I had now went as far as is reasonable with the photography thing and next I wanted to do something, yet again, completely different.

No comments:

Post a Comment