12/11/2018

Doom Over the World III

I have told about this weird story idea I have had rummaging in my brain a couple times before - more specifically here and here. On the second one of these I showed some abandoned comic images I tried to make about this thing before I landed on Bianca and the Satanic Witches.



The reason those images appear without a background was because I wanted to try creating the backgrounds in a weird, new way. I wanted to photograph them and then vectorize those photographs to black and white images. So I build intricate miniatures which I then took the necessary images and drew the characters on top of those.

This didn't really work and was one of the reasons why I abandoned this comic - not to mention the horrible time concumption of building models, photographing them, printing out the images, drawing the characters, inking the characters and then combining everything. The main thing was, though ,that the models should have been light much better for the black and white vectorizing to work - as you can see below, now the characters get drowned in the backgrounds and half of he time they just look blank black or white with little nonsensical scribbles anyway.

However, these are some of the few completed pages I got done with before running away from this project. I still think there is somewhat an idea there but the execution would need a lot more work and experimentation to hone down.





No comments:

Post a Comment