18/03/2019

The Unseen Bianca #3

This is a series of short articles about the mistakes, mishaps and favourite bits of Bianca and the Satanic Witches web comic - things I want to high light for one reason or other. Especially stuff that has been hidden until now.

This second article is about Bianca and the Satanic Witches episodes #11-15.




Once again, issues #11 and #12 are pretty standard and normal, not much to say about them. One could even describe them as boring looking - I hope not! Important stuff still happens in them but I guess I was pretty lazy with my page layout designs at the moment.

At issue #13 we start the Satanic ritual and it's easy to guess that this truly inspired my imagination. Here's the opening page of the issue:



And here it is again as a line drawing. You don't miss much but I do like the image.



You can see the speech bubble of the smaller image drawn into here because I didn't know exactly how small the tinier bits would become. I'm always struggling with the dialogue - trying to make it look readable and roughly the same size even though the images are drawn on myriad of different scales.

Body of the episode was mainly about the orgy associated with the ritual and these are the details I truly enjoy drawing. Here's the upper half of page three:



As one can assume, I drew the images as whole so here is the line drawing of Valerie's enjoyably messy moment:



On issue #14 we tease our main antagonist of the series for the first time. I wanted to show her slowly, bit by bit and only reveal her whole appearance at the very last page. On page three we can see a part of her hand:



The image crops a little at the top edge so here is how I originally drew it:



On issue #15 we have a lot of big images at the bottom, as background without margins. Also as it is a night scene some of the background painting became very dark. So just you can see the line art as it was before mixing these images together, here are some of them without the dark backgrounds and the smaller images on top:








No comments:

Post a Comment