02/09/2019

The Unseen Bianca #7

This is a series of short articles about the mistakes, mishaps and favourite bits of Bianca and the Satanic Witches web comic - things I want to high light for one reason or other. Especially stuff that has been hidden until now.

This second article is about Bianca and the Satanic Witches episodes #31-35.


Now we finally arrive to the Halloween night the whole ending of the series is taking place in. In episode #31 the only noteworthy thing is how some of the dialogue was accidentally written way too small in one of the images.



This is, of course, because I do parts of the pages separately and later combine them. I'm usually pretty good at keeping the writing relatively at the same size but this time I miscalculated.



On issue #32 I wanted to start with a page that has this black, big, curve shaped margin that has the title and all that.



I wasn't too sure about the shape of the margin, though, so I drew way more of the actual images than ultimately shows up on the page.




It's a shame the guy with the Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles mask on the bottom right hand corner was completely obscured!

On the title page of issue #34 I really like the background of this big image without borders that the title and the other panel are on top of.



This is how the background looks separately.



The same can be said for the page 5 of issue #35:



This is, in my opinion, rather cool background painting as well:



Finally, we have the battle between Stuart and Merrier in episode #34. I wanted to have a really violent, nasty feel so I made the images themselves into these kind of sharp shards:



But I actually drew them separately, and since it would have been too difficult and time consuming to measure out every different angle and what not, I drew the panel shapes and the dialogue separately from the images themselves.



Then the images are just done with no borders at all and put on their spaces the best way they fit. Notice how some of them had to be rotated a little to better suit the shape of the actual panel.





I really like this fight scene in issue #34. I think it came out pretty brutal. And Merrier might be dead now in the story but don't forget: the battle still rages on throughout the same Halloween night on every issue of Bianca and the Satanic Witches! Published right here, every time when I find the time to finish one...

No comments:

Post a Comment